Pepperoni pizza is the perfect Italian dish for salami lovers with a long history.
45 min. + Time of baking and growth of the dough.
For 4 people.
Dough for pizza
- 15 g of yeast;
- 3½ glasses of warm water;
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil;
- 1 ½ teaspoons of salt;
- 225g of coarse flour.
In Italian recipes, 225 g of wheat flour.
- ½ onion;
- 1 clove of garlic;
- 1 can diced tomatoes;
- ½ tablespoon of honey or syrup;
- 2-3 anchovy fillets;
- ½ teaspoon of oregano;
- ½ teaspoon of basil;
- ½ teaspoon of red pepper (dry vegetables);
- ½ teaspoon of salt.
- 2 fresh peppers;
- 125g of mushrooms;
- 100 g of pepperoni or sausage;
- 100 grams of cheese max.
The cooking process
- Mix the yeast in the warm water and add the other ingredients to the dough. Knead the dough for 5 minutes, and let it rise for about 1 hour.
- Peel the onion and garlic and grate coarsely. Mix the tomatoes with the other ingredients of the sauce and adjust the amount of tomato juice that will be produced as a result of the infusion. Let the sauce stand at room temperature for ½ hour.
- Cut pepper into thin strips and mushrooms. Cut the sausage into thin slices, and grate the cheese coarsely.
- Put the plates in the oven and turn on the temperature of 250-275 degrees – as soon as your oven can heat up.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and divide into 4 equal parts. Shape them into balls and roll them out on the bottom of a cookie sheet. Put butter, pizza sauce on the dough, but let the edges remain dry.
- Spread bell pepper, mushrooms, pepperoni and cheese on top. Move the pizza to the fire on a warm baking sheet with a shovel or a board.
Inside, the dough is baked until ready, and the cheese melts – in just 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Advice! Experiment, use stuffing with different vegetables – even try stewed or fried vegetables or boiled potatoes.